Retailers replacing their shelving fixtures frequently select companies, such as Madix, that manufacture and install the product.
However, Madix found that coordinating deliveries with installation crews was becoming a headache. They needed transportation that could reach stores across North America and reliable expedited capabilities to meet narrow delivery windows, guaranteed.
- Communications with installation crews to ensure shipment deliveries coincided with their schedules.
- Flexibility to meet delivery deadlines, even if production fell behind schedule.
- Close coordination with the manufacturing plant in rural Alabama so that appropriate equipment is on hand at pickup.
Madix selected YRC Freight and Time-Critical for the comprehensive North American coverage and the ability to meet any need, guaranteed.
- Load plan developed at point of pickup resulted in efficient, direct delivery of shipments to retail outlets with less chance of damage.
- Communication from pickup through delivery ensured destination terminals and installation crews were consistently aware of shipment status.
- Direct coordination between YRC Freight and the installation crews streamlined the process for Madix.
- Time-Critical service provided flexibility to meet installation dates when production was running behind schedule.
- Proactive notification minimizes the effect on installation crews when shipping delays might occur.
- A YRC Freight customer for two years, Time-Critical delivered 2,448 shipments with 99 percent on-time, damage-free service.
- Madix expanded its business with YRC Freight to include more projects with additional national retail customers.