Late afternoon on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, a customer assigned YRC Freight a project to move Black Friday replenishment inventory of its exercise apparel as quickly as possible directly to 286 stores in a leading U.S. retailer’s chain… no delivery appointments needed.
- Staffing levels were reduced at the customer’s operations and ours because of the holiday.
- Shipment pickups in Ontario, Calif., would last well into the night, missing final commercial flights and all cargo flights.
- Shipment cartons were not ready to ship out.
The customer selected YRC Freight Time-Critical™ service for the guaranteed speed of delivery.
- All shipments were picked up by Wednesday night.
- Cartons were sorted, segregated and built into skids based on the destination, an activity that took all Thanksgiving Day.
- Shipments moved by cargo air, commercial air and expedited ground.
- Complete customer satisfaction and appreciation!
- Deliveries began arriving on Saturday, and all shipments were in place by Monday.
- 16,538 cartons delivered directly to 286 retail stores in 29 different markets, including Alaska.