When the Canadian operations of a leading fragrance/cosmetics company needed a single provider with the talent, resources and network coverage to deliver 3,511 cross-border shipments in a narrow delivery window, they called YRC Freight.
Our customer is a global leader in fragrance and cosmetic products. The company turned to YRC Freight when faced with moving 3,511 shipments in a three-week window from Toronto, Ontario, Canada, directly to retail locations throughout the United States. With space limitations at our customer’s facility, this cross-border move required attentive project management, fast and reliable service, scale and specialized capabilities.
- The customer’s Canada operations needed to deliver 3,511 shipments in a three-week window to a chain of 3,511 retail stores in the United States.
- Shipments must consistently clear customs quickly to meet the delivery schedule.
- The customer had limited dock doors and staging capacity for handling a project of this magnitude.
- The customer wanted a single provider with the talent, resources and network coverage to manage the entire project.
YRC Freight provided our customer with the expertise, scale and capabilities to successfully move all 3,511 shipments on time in the three-week window.
- The YRC Freight Custom Projects team developed a proposal and assigned dedicated personnel to support the customer’s needs.
- The project team consolidated shipments into 67 trailers and coordinated their move through our various gateway crossings based on the final destination.
- Border ambassadors electronically filed and monitored customs documentation by trailer load, gaining pre-clearance for the shipments for zero delays at the border.
- Once in the United States, deliveries continued on the trailers to their destination cities for local delivery.
- YRC Freight delivered all 3,511 shipments on time, damage free and with zero delays at the border.
- Our customer successfully met its commitment to one of its important customers.
- Our customer continues to trust YRC Freight with new projects.