Cross with Confidence
YRC Freight is the leading provider of LTL services in Canada, with 95% of the Canada population covered. That’s why more than 30,000 customers trust us to handle their cross-border shipments each year.
“For our Canadian deliveries, you make it seamless for me. I fill out the paperwork, the driver picks up the shipment, . . . and it’s delivered. It’s just invaluable to know our shipments are being taken care of like that.”
—Russ H., Operations Manager, Sea-Dog Line, Everett, Wash.
- One Carrier, One Invoice
- 50 Border Experts
- Over 20 Terminals in Canada
- 10 Border Crossings
- Zero Handoffs or Hassles
- 98 percent of northbound shipments are pre-approved for Customs clearance, and 100 percent of southbound shipments are verified before they get to the border—that’s the MOST in the industry.
- We offer you a seamless border crossing with NO handoffs, meaning your shipment will usually cross the border in two to three minutes or less.
- Our Border Ambassadors are available to you 24/7 to troubleshoot and proactively work to resolve any issues with you and the Broker before the arrival of your freight at the border.
Dedicated Cross-Border Ambassadors
Our carefully trained Border Ambassadors directly monitor your shipment at the border, making it their highest priority. No more crossing your fingers, hoping your cross-border freight arrives on time.
They’re on-site to ensure smooth customs clearance by resolving potential issues before they become actual delays.
You receive personal attention, electronic visibility of shipments, single point of contact and door-to-door service. Border ambassadors track the progress of every shipment as it clears the border. We act on your behalf by working with the brokers and forwarders to ensure seamless border crossings. And we continuously follow up on the shipment’s status until it has crossed the border and reached its destination.
“We were having a very difficult time getting freight from Canada into the states. Your Border Ambassador jumped right in with two feet. Within 48 hours, she was able to get the release of four shipments that had been held up in customs for three weeks.”
—John F., Production and Inventory Control
- Personal Attention
- Door-to-Door Service
- Ensure Timely Clearance
- Resolve Issues
- Advise of Any Delays
- Electronic Visibility of Your Shipment
Service Options to Meet Your Needs
Canada Shipping Information
How to Get Started
Book Your Shipment Online
Get a quote for your cross-border shipment instantly. Rates are real-time and market-priced. You can secure and finalize the rate simply by paying with a credit card and writing the Quote ID on the Bill of Lading.
Contact a Border Ambassador
YRC Freight has border coordinators available to answer all your questions and facilitate cross-border moves.
For Northbound (shipping into Canada) Border Ambassadors can be reached at 800-329-0973.
For Southbound (shipping from Canada), Border Ambassadors can be reached at 866-283-5715.
Canada Shipping Documents and Resources
We recommend you communicate with a freight forwarding agent and/or customs broker before shipping cross-border. They can help you prepare the necessary documentation.
- NAFTA Certificate of Origin (for specific products only)
- Export License – for regulated products, such as alcohol, firearms, tobacco, etc. (Request from Customs Broker)
- Transportation and Exportation (T&E) Customs Bond (Request from Customs Broker)
Canada Border Crossing Points
Where your shipment crosses the border depends on its origin and destination. Our highway dispatch network uses the most-direct route for your goods, assuring efficient, on-time delivery.
- Blaine, Wash./Pacific Highway, BC
- Sweetgrass, MT./Coutts, AB
- Pembina, ND./Emerson, MB
- International Falls, MN / Ft Frances, ON
- Detroit, MI/Windsor, ON
- Port Huron, MI/Sarnia, ON
- Lewiston, NY/Niagara Falls, ON (Lewiston Bridge)
- Buffalo, NY/Fort Erie, ON (Peace Bridge)
- Alexandria Bay, NY/Lansdowne, ON
- Champlain, N.Y./Lacolle, QC
- Derbyline, VT/Stanstead, QC
- Calais, ME/St. Stephen, NB