||Manage all aspects of the terminals’ freight operations and administrative functions to meet or exceed customer expectations while ensuring continuous improvement of operational efficiencies and achieving facility and corporate growth, service and operating goals.
- Partners with the Sales department, and Customer Support to develop a customer-centric strategy for the terminal that promotes strategic growth, customer retention and customer satisfaction.
- Champions the facility’s efforts to create and sustain a workforce with a passion to satisfy customers through the development of leaders at every level and focusing the team on meeting or exceeding service goals.
- Consistently communicates service and operational goals to the team and advises results.
- Promotes a value added growth strategy within the terminal through the effective use of enhanced service offerings, time based service offerings and an effective W&I strategy.
- Coaches and facilitates the development of an empowered and high performance work environment throughout the terminal.
- Coaches and facilitates orientation, training and education to all levels throughout the terminal to improve performance, quality and efficiency while encouraging the team to establish boundaries for decision-making vs. managing by task assignment.
- Responsible for achieving Operating Ratio, growth and service goals for the terminals
- Plans and leads daily operation to attain facility and corporate goals
- Ensures compliance with government, company, division, and district regulations, policies and procedures.
- Administers company safety programs, encouraging a safe work environment while minimizing lost time injuries and accidents.
- Manages staffing by hiring the best-qualified applicants while adhering to the spirit of the Employment Equity Plan.
- Administer disciplinary progression as necessary in compliance with local collective agreement and company policies.
- Other duties as assigned in support of the terminals’ operations.
- Completion of secondary school required. A college diploma or university degree in business or transportation management preferred.
- Terminal operations management experience or equivalent experience required.
- Excellent communication skills; very comfortable with oral presentation and public speaking.
- Above average computer skills required.
- Proven ability to manage, lead, develop, motivate and train terminal personnel.
||Variable schedule. On call 24-7. Work almost entirely in the local facility.
Some travel may be required.
||We have a diverse workplace. Qualified candidates including Women, Aboriginal Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Members of Visible Minorities are encouraged to apply.
Interested, qualified candidates should apply in in writing to email@example.com.
Please quote R859 626 in the email subject line.