||Area Sales Manager
||Lead, manage, train, develop and mentor a team of sales professionals. Develop and execute sales, market and supply chain strategies to maximize profitable growth opportunities within the ASM team. Maintain regular communications with the Area Director of Sales and the Area Director of Operations.
||Western Canada, TBD
- Oversee all aspects of staffing for outside sales including recruiting, selection, hiring and placement.
- Utilize the Performance Management Process to improve employee performance through coaching and feedback, addressing development needs and career development.
- Review analysis of sales activities, costs and forecasts data to determine progress towards area and company revenue and profit goals and objectives during joint sales calls with Account Executives (AE).
- Manage the churn of profitable accounts within the area. Analyze the root causes and develop and execute plans to solve working with other sales channels and departments as needed.
- Partner with Area Director of Sales to manage budgets and develop the areas portfolio to insure all revenue, profit and service goals are achieved. Lead sales team to develop strategic accounts that support the growth of profitable partnerships.
- Execute yield management and pricing strategies to assure profitable business growth.
- Initiate conflict resolution with internal customers between performance and customer requirement.
- Advise, direct and ensure sales force compliance with company policies, procedures, sales programs and initiatives.
- Review analysis of sales activities for maximum effectiveness of sales execution. Partner with the Area Director of Sales to grow talent to increase skills and capabilities.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of services, pricing programs and sales tools.
- Match training curriculum to AE readiness level. Provide direction and learning outcomes for training activities. Participate on joint sales calls when needed.
- Identify and match opportunities that utilize electronic commerce and other specialized services in the portfolio regarding customer solutions.
- Prepare new AE’s for training and assess and reinforce post training. Create specific developmental plans for every new sales hire
- Perform all other tasks associated with this position and other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or proven sales work experience.
- Minimum 5 years direct sales experience.
- Minimum 3 years sales and management experience.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal client relationship skills and results.
- Experience in transportation industry preferred.
||Work is not limited by time or location. Travel as extensive as required.
||We have a diverse workplace. Qualified candidates including Women, Aboriginal Peoples, Persons with Disabilities and Members of Visible Minorities are encouraged to apply.Interested, qualified candidates should apply in writing to email@example.com.
Please quote R981 ASM West in the email subject line.