Use YRC Freight Application Programming Interfaces to integrate our tools into your company’s Intranet and Internet sites.
YRC Freight’s APIs help you seamlessly integrate LTL shipping data into your Intranet and Internet sites so that your employees or customers don’t have to leave your website to get information from us.
Your in-house developers or consultants can incorporate the application programming interfaces (APIs) listed below to add the functionality of the tools to your website.
Some of the APIs below retrieve detailed information about your LTL shipping business with YRC Freight. Because of this, you must provide your user name and password to authenticate who you are when you use the APIs.
Terminal Locations API
Use this API to send a U.S. ZIP/Canada postal code or city and state/province to request terminal information. Requests return responses in XML. Here’s how it works:
- Shipper’s (your) system sends a U.S. ZIP/Canada postal code or city, state/province to request terminal information.
- YRC Freight (the carrier) then returns information for the terminal that serves the area to you (the shipper).
This API enables you to request and receive Basic Tracking information for a specific shipment. You can use the API to track by freight bill or reference number. It uses the same tracking application that is on www.yrcfreight.com. Valid requests return a response in either HTML or XML, depending on what you requested. Here’s how it works:
- Shipper’s (your) system requests basic tracking information from YRC Freight (the carrier).
- YRC Freight (the carrier) then returns the requested tracking information to you (the Shipper).
Rate Quote API
- Shipper’s (your) system requests a Rate Quote from YRC Freight (the carrier).
- YRC Freight (the carrier) then returns the requested Rate Quote to you (the Shipper).
IMPORTANT: You must complete a nondisclosure agreement and submit it to the E-Business Group before implementing the Rate Quote API. Any implementation and access to the Rate Quote API without agreement completion may result in legal action. Please click here to obtain a nondisclosure agreement or contact an Internet Analyst at 913-344-4888, option 1. Fax completed agreements to 913-982-5436.
This API enables you to request images of Bills of Lading, proofs of delivery/delivery receipts and weight and inspection certificates. These images can be streamed as PDF images or streamed as XML. You may also request single or multiple images at one time. Here’s how it works:
- Shipper’s (your) system requests a document from YRC Freight (the carrier).
- YRC Freight (the carrier) then returns the requested document to the you (the Shipper).
This API enables you to receive open invoice summary or invoice detail information. The summary will return a max of 250 invoices and the detail will return a max of 150 invoices. The API will accept a date range or a single reference number and reference number type. You can also stream the actual Invoice PDF.
Here’s how it works:
- Your system requests invoice information from YRC Freight (the carrier).
- YRC Freight (the carrier) returns the requested information to you.
- You must have a my.yrcfreight.com account.
- You can retrieve invoices for locations attached to that account.
- You must email Invoicing@yrcfreight.com to request to have paper invoices turned off.