We are the original LTL Experts, and we intend to regain our leadership position. We’ll do it by delivering flexibility and reliability to your supply chain through our comprehensive North American coverage and broad portfolio of expedited and specialized LTL services.
What is LTL (Less than Truckload) Shipping?
Our name reflects our passion, our purpose and our commitment to regain our role as leaders in the industry; freight is our business and in our name. We will work to keep our promises to you with every shipment, every day.
When you do one thing over and over and over again for almost 90 years, you get pretty good at it. We are YRC Freight. And this is how shipping is done.
YRC Freight Profile
- YRC Freight reflects the Yellow Transportation (founded in 1924 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma) purchase of and subsequent merger with Roadway (founded in 1930 in Akron, Ohio).
- YRC Freight is the largest subsidiary of YRC Worldwide Inc. with corporate headquarters in Overland Park, Kan.
- Other YRC Worldwide subsidiaries include YRC Reimer, Reddaway, Holland and New Penn.
- YRC Freight is the leading transporter of industrial, commercial, and retail goods, specializing in solutions for businesses across North America through a full-service network, advanced information technologies, and proactive customer service.
- DOT Number: 071821
- Dun & Bradstreet number: 00-699-8397
- GST Number: 130168412RT001
- SIC Code: 4213
- YRC Freight is certified for the C-TPAT, FAST and PIP programs for supply-chain security.
- YRC Freight Transportation S.A. de C.V. operates our Mexico network.
- We are a subsidiary of YRC Worldwide Inc.
Click here to view/print a PDF (54 kb) containing important company information, including where to mail payments.
Our Core Values and Vision Statement
The beginning of May 2015 we launched our core values, vision, and purpose statements. This launch marks the next chapter of the YRC Freight story. Our objective with this launch is to create a consistent vision for the company, which is now 20,000+ strong.
Our values matter because YOU matter. Our values are what make us who we are. They are not goals; they are the principles that guide us in pursuing our goals. Goals are about results, values are about people. The core values video shown above was shot at a working terminal with real employees.
- SAFETY FIRST
Protect the drive home. It’s the drive that matters most.
The drivers of success.
We treat each other the way we want to be treated, and gain strength from our differences.
We do the right thing, even when it’s not easy.
- HARD WORK MATTERS
We are relentless in doing what it takes to meet our customers’ expectations.
YRC FREIGHT VISION STATEMENT
We are the carrier of choice, delivering world-class safety with the most respected employees and brand in the industry
- Seamless transportation throughout Canada, Mexico, and the United States, including our Domestic Ocean service to Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.
- Reliable two-day, three-day and coast-to-coast service, connecting key markets.
- Expedited and guaranteed deliveries by ground or air with YRC Freight Time-CriticalTM service.
- Guaranteed delivery windows. We can accommodate any time window—in a specific hour, on a specific day or across multiple days.
- Dedicated protective services for an entire trailer.
- Special project and logistics management with Custom Projects.
- Transportation for volume shipments, tradeshow exhibits, cold-sensitive products and product returns.
- Only transportation provider to guarantee delivery of tradeshow exhibits at no additional charge.
- Only LTL transportation provider with representatives on site at all main border-crossing points in North America to expedite Customs clearance.
- One of the first transportation providers to be certified for the C-TPAT, PIP and FAST programs for supply chain security.
- First nationwide LTL transportation provider to receive ISO certification of its entire network and management systems for shipping goods from pickup to delivery. Certification in the internationally recognized ISO 9001:2008 standards assures that quality controls for system integrity and security are in place.
- Internet-based services provide in-transit shipment visibility and supply-chain management.
- Secure, web-based applications, electronic data interchange (EDI) and other technologies for you to use to manage your transportation processes.
- First transportation provider to combine cellular and satellite technologies to gather and send real-time data along local pickup and delivery routes. This two-way messaging and vehicle-tracking system for pickup and delivery operations improves responsiveness to your needs for pickup service and shipment information.
YRC Freight is woven into the daily life of communities big and small in North America and other parts of the world. Yes, we’re doing our jobs when we pick up customer goods, move them over the road and deliver them. But when we go frequently to an address, the people there—our customers—often become our friends. In ways big and small, from corporate support for national organizations to small groups of us helping out in our local neighborhoods, we care about the communities we serve, and we want to do right by them.